Monday 14 May 2018

BUSINESS NETWORKING : TEN ESSENTIAL PRINCIPLES





<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19454283/?claim=qj35236pn8z">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>






Wawu!  I just realized I always start a post by telling a story....

Well here's the story for the day. 


Two years ago, I joined a  networking business where I learned a  couple of things. Not directly from there but because I had to strive in that area, I had to do some research to find a balance. Last week, I traveled home and found my jotting pad where I had written really amazing things about business. If it  helped me then, why not now?  

I just realized that even if you don't need it now, you will need it later. I hated business. As a kid, I was more inclined to the 9-5 office job. Now I'm older, I think business will do just for me. What am I trying to say?  Two years ago, I never had any plan to venture into a  real business but I took classes, attended seminars, had experiences about it for "just in case ".
So even if you're not a business person, don't plan to go into it anytime soon, you should still read this post for the "just in case " too. 


Now those experiences I had is/will be doing me a lot of good now that I want to be a full time business woman. 

A successful business thrives on a  good networking, A good network is created and preserved by the application of hard work. 

Believe it or not, your business is where it is because of the network of people you have been able to reach. The network of people in your circle. We meet people everyday and as a business man/woman, it is expected of you to sell your self and brand to 70% of people you bump, greet, meet everyday. Everyone is your potential client to a point. 

Therefore, these are my TEN ESSENTIAL PRINCIPLES.

1. Elevator speech - Describe yourself, concisely and impressively.

2. Be different - Differentiate yourself, aim high. Be the best at what you do.












3. Help others - Help others and you will be helped. 

4. Personal integrity - Integrity, Trust and reputation are vital for a  successful business. 






5. Relevant  Targeting - Group contacts relevant to your aims and capabilities.

6. Plans and aims - Plan your networking and know what you want. 

7.  Follow up - Following up meetings and referrals makes things happen. 






8. Be positive - Be a positive influence on everything and everyone. 

9. Sustained focused effort - Consitient focus on your target and audience.

10. Life balance - Stay organized and don't be all over the place. 

I'll be sharing more about this principles in my future posts so stay tuned. 

Learnt something new today?  What is it and how will you put it to action?  Leave a comment!

Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRENDING NOW